Chuck Hall

Default Field missing in header

I have a head(ache)er question. Why would a STYLEREF field inserted into the
header on the first page of a four page section fail to display on the next
two pages of that section but successfully display on the fourth page? There
is a "hard" page break between the third and fourth pages (because I want
the heading on page four at the top of a new page), but that shouldn't
affect it, right? Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you
Chuck Hall

Chuck Hall

That's a fix! Thanks Susan! One more question, though: the fix went in the
template rather than the document. So, I opened the document and went to
Tools/Templates and Add Ins/Organizer where I closed Normal.dot and opened
the template in use, then copied the modified style to the document.
Thereafter, the style contained the fix, whereas before it didn't. Am I
missing a simpler way to update? Thanks again for your help.
-Chuck

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The page break will assume the style of the following paragraph; if that's
the style the StyleRef field is picking up, there'll be no text to pick
up.
Format the heading as "Page break before" instead.

so
all may benefit.

"Chuck Hall" wrote in message
I have a head(ache)er question. Why would a STYLEREF field inserted into

the
header on the first page of a four page section fail to display on the

next
two pages of that section but successfully display on the fourth page?

There
is a "hard" page break between the third and fourth pages (because I want
the heading on page four at the top of a new page), but that shouldn't
affect it, right? Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you
Chuck Hall

When you modify the style, check the "Add to template" box, and the change
will be saved to the document template.

"Chuck Hall" wrote in message
That's a fix! Thanks Susan! One more question, though: the fix went in the
template rather than the document. So, I opened the document and went to
Tools/Templates and Add Ins/Organizer where I closed Normal.dot and opened
the template in use, then copied the modified style to the document.
Thereafter, the style contained the fix, whereas before it didn't. Am I
missing a simpler way to update? Thanks again for your help.
-Chuck

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The page break will assume the style of the following paragraph; if

that's
the style the StyleRef field is picking up, there'll be no text to pick
up.
Format the heading as "Page break before" instead.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.