Shaf

Default enabling macros

I have tried everything and may have caused more damage as a result, I
followed the steps in previous suggestions, but there seems to be no way I
can stop the following error message appearing again and again:

"The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or
documentations of the host application to determine how to enable macros"

I am obviously an ideot with little knowledge, can someone please give me
any help in resolving this conflict. Your help will be greatly appreciagted.

Shaf
Shauna Kelly

Hi Shaf

I am not aware of the previous suggestions that were made, because this is a
new message and not a reply in the original thread of messages.

Tools Options Security Macro Security. Choose Medium.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Shaf" wrote in message
I have tried everything and may have caused more damage as a result, I
followed the steps in previous suggestions, but there seems to be no way I
can stop the following error message appearing again and again:

"The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help
or
documentations of the host application to determine how to enable macros"

I am obviously an ideot with little knowledge, can someone please give me
any help in resolving this conflict. Your help will be greatly
appreciagted.

Shaf

Shaf

Hi Shauna

Thanks for your response, I have actually tried what you suggested, which
means I have to enable macros everytime I open word document. I was following
a previous thread of similar problem by other users, and when I went to put
my problem up on the bulliton board it obviously took me to this thread.
However, I dont know what has caused this repeat message everytime I open
word document. It seems I have to live with it. Thanks anyway for your help,
much appreciated.

Best regards

Shaf

"Shaf" wrote in message
I have tried everything and may have caused more damage as a result, I
followed the steps in previous suggestions, but there seems to be no way I
can stop the following error message appearing again and again:

"The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help
or
documentations of the host application to determine how to enable macros"

I am obviously an ideot with little knowledge, can someone please give me
any help in resolving this conflict. Your help will be greatly
appreciagted.

Shaf

Doug Robbins

Save the document as an .RTF file. Close it and then re-open it in Word and
save it as a Word Document. That will strip out any remaining vistages of a
macro that will cause that message to appear.

That's assuming of course that you don't want any macros in the document.
If there are macros in the document, you cannot avoid getting that message
other than by setting the macro security to low which is NOT recommended.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Shaf" wrote in message
I have tried everything and may have caused more damage as a result, I
followed the steps in previous suggestions, but there seems to be no
way I
can stop the following error message appearing again and again:

"The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online
help
or
documentations of the host application to determine how to enable
macros"

I am obviously an ideot with little knowledge, can someone please give
me
any help in resolving this conflict. Your help will be greatly
appreciagted.

Shaf

Shaf

Dear Doug

Thanks allot for your advice, I have followed it and it seems to have cured
the fault. Thanks very much

Regards

Shaf