Lovemydogs

Default Transfer scanned text document to word or other program

Is it possible, and what are the processes, to scan a large text document and
then be able to add, delete or modify it and track those changes.( so the
original maintains its integrity.)
I'm trying to avoid retyping the whole document into word, and then again
having to retype the changes.
Thank You for any help .....
Chuck Davis

Pat Garard

G'Day "Lovemydogs",

I hope that I have understood your question.

Most of the better OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
packages will recognise scanned text, preserve most of it's
formatting and then allow it to be saved to Word (I use
ABBYY FineReader, and it will also recognise in multiple
languages).

Word is probably the best tool for applying and tracking
the changes.

Word will also store multiple versions of a document within
a single file, you can open, review and print all versions,
although you may Modify only the most recent version.

See Word Help on "About saving versions of a document".
--
Regards,
Pat Garard