Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Courneyea Mary Courneyea is offline

Default Renaming a file

Whenever we try to rename a file in Word 2003, the computer will open the
file but then crashes. It will have a rescued copy that we can use.
--
snookums

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Courneyea Mary Courneyea is offline

We have renamed the file in both explorer and word. Same result in either.
Word shuts down. It does save a copy that restores the file but does not
allow a change in the name. It is also adding into the name for example adds
(2) and sometimes (2) (2) or maybe a (2) (3). It will also add in doc1 or
doc2 on its own.
--
snookums