Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angela Angela is offline

Default Word 2007 Margins

I am having trouble changing the margins inn my header. I need to have a 2
inch margin in the body but, a 1 inch margin in the header and footer. Is
this possible? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
--
Angela
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 06:10:00 -0700, Angela
wrote:

I am having trouble changing the margins inn my header. I need to have a 2
inch margin in the body but, a 1 inch margin in the header and footer. Is
this possible? Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Set the left and/or right indents of the header and footer paragraphs
to -1.0" (that's a minus sign before the 1).

Word makes a distinction between 'margins' -- a setting that's the
same for everything in the section -- and 'indents', which apply to
particular paragraphs. The width of the text area for any given
paragraph is determined by starting at the margin and moving by the
amount of the indents. A positive left indent moves to the right of
the margin, while a negative left indent moves to the left of the
margin. The positive/negative direction is reversed for the right
margin.

If you need to do this for all the headers and footers in the
document, modify the Header style and the Footer style to change the
indents.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman