Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
gary-inDraper gary-inDraper is offline

Default Right margins not functioning correctly in Word 2007

I have many documents that I created in Word 2003 that display and print the
right margin correctly. When I open them in Word 2007, the right margin does
not function correctly. The right margin is set at 1". The ruler shows that
the right margin is at 1" for every paragraph, sentence, section, etc. of the
document. However, Word 2007 displays the text at a .25" right margin. When
I print the document, it prints the text at a .25" right margin. If I change
the right margin for the entire document to 2", the document displays and
prints text at a 1.5" margin.

It seems that the right margin is consistently wrong by .5". I've checked
the custom styles I set up for these documents and there is nothing in them
that I can find that would change indent/outdent or right margin properties.

Is this a bug in Word 2007? Has anyone else experienced this problem or
know of a way to fix it?

Again, the right margin functions properly in these documents in Word 2003,
but not in Word 2007.

Help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Z2FyeS1pbkRyYXBlcg==?=,

What about new documents created in Word 2007? Do they behave correctly?

If you copy all but the last paragraph mark from one of these "odd" documents
into a new Word 2007 document does it lay out correctly?

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
gary-inDraper[_2_] gary-inDraper[_2_] is offline

Cindy,

Thanks for the suggestion. The margins behave correctly when I copy pieces
of the document into a new document. However, I lose all of the custom
styles that are not utilized in the copied chunks, and I lose the
header/footer that I've set up. I was hoping to avoid those problems, but I
guess I have my work cut out for me.

Thanks again.

"Cindy M." wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Z2FyeS1pbkRyYXBlcg==?=,

The margins behave correctly when I copy pieces
of the document into a new document. However, I lose all of the custom
styles that are not utilized in the copied chunks, and I lose the
header/footer that I've set up. I was hoping to avoid those problems, but I
guess I have my work cut out for me.

You can easily copy the styles using the "Organizer". Tools/Template and
Add-ins, click the button.

I'm afraid you'll need to copy the headers/footers the old-fashioned way.