Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hebe Hebe is offline

Default Inserting a Word doc to another Word doc

Is there a way to insert a Word document using styles into another Word
document, without the inserted document taking on the styles of the
destination document? I would like the document being inserted to keep its
own formatting. I thought that sections might be the go, but that doesnt
make any difference.

I'm using Word 2003.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What do you want to happen? If you want to format all the text in the styles
of the source document, you can reverse the procedu instead of
inserting document A into document B, insert B into A.

On the other hand, if you want to preserve the formatting of all the text,
you could format the source document using styles that do not exist in the
target, before inserting it. Alternatively, just paste and when you see the
Paste Option button, click it and choose the "Keep Source Formatting"
option.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Hebe" wrote in message
Is there a way to insert a Word document using styles into another Word
document, without the inserted document taking on the styles of the
destination document? I would like the document being inserted to keep
its
own formatting. I thought that sections might be the go, but that doesn't
make any difference.

I'm using Word 2003.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hebe Hebe is offline

Thanks, Stefan. I tried the reversing option and it worked beautifully. The
"keep source formatting option" didn't work - for some reason all the
numbering in the text I was pasting disappeared . But I have a solution now
so it's no longer a problem.

Regards
Hebe

"Hebe" wrote in message
Is there a way to insert a Word document using styles into another Word
document, without the inserted document taking on the styles of the
destination document? I would like the document being inserted to keep
its
own formatting. I thought that sections might be the go, but that doesn't
make any difference.

I'm using Word 2003.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout