Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jeanie Jeanie is offline

Default How--split text within cell of table when cell length goes 2d pg

I have a table I created with two columns and numerous rows. The text in the
left column of each row is set. The text in the right column within each
cell changes -- sometimes one line of typing, many times 15-20 lines of
typing. The table needs to be able to separate text within the right column
if it runs over onto the next page. It also needs to widow/orphan on each
page. Right now if the cell contains more lines of typing than what will fit
on each specific page, the entire cell is carried over to the next page
rather than doing a widow/orphan and essentially splitting the cells of one
row to be on two pages. How am I able to split the text of one cell in a
two-column table to run from one page onto the next?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Split the cell vertically or begin an entire new row. Once you have allowed
a row to break across pages, it can be broken anywhere. If you split it
yourself, you can choose where it splits.

"Jeanie" wrote in message
I have a table I created with two columns and numerous rows. The text in
the
left column of each row is set. The text in the right column within each
cell changes -- sometimes one line of typing, many times 15-20 lines of
typing. The table needs to be able to separate text within the right
column
if it runs over onto the next page. It also needs to widow/orphan on each
page. Right now if the cell contains more lines of typing than what will
fit
on each specific page, the entire cell is carried over to the next page
rather than doing a widow/orphan and essentially splitting the cells of
one
row to be on two pages. How am I able to split the text of one cell in a
two-column table to run from one page onto the next?

How can I split a table cell diagonally? EMS_ANU Microsoft Word Help 5 April 26th 23 08:48 AM
Split cell in a table jerick Tables 2 October 31st 06 03:13 PM
cell length in table tjf112 Tables 3 November 11th 05 09:05 AM
How to wrap text from cell to cell in a table. Jon Coulson Tables 2 August 8th 05 09:12 PM
Variable length text (paragraph) in a cell Robert Tables 4 June 20th 05 09:46 PM