jannwebb

Default Automatically Removing Certain Entries

For simple things like the ht, I just go to Edit | Replace and put only a
space in the replace box....

"Ralph" wrote:

There are these certain entries, date/time stamp entries to be axact, on some
documents that I use that I would LOVE to be able to automatically remove
them all with some cool macro or something but I'm not too good with these
things. Here is a sample of the text:

"[4/9/2005 2:30:33 PM] ht On 3/29 MG775 fell below sma200.. and stayed
there for the last week.. waiting for another shoe to drop.
[4/9/2005 2:31:55 PM] ht Thursday AH USFC lowered Guidance .. a lot. They
cited 3 reasons for the shortfall.
[4/9/2005 2:32:17 PM] ht Top was slower Auto Sector business."

What I would love to be able to remove automatically from these entries are
these parts "[4/9/2005 2:30:33 PM] ht", "[4/9/2005 2:31:55 PM] ht",
"[4/9/2005 2:32:17 PM] ht"

A solution to this problem would be very gratefully appreciated, would make
my life all the easier.

THANKS!!

Ralph

that wont work because each entry to be removed is slightly different, i.e. a
different time on the time stamp, read my post again and look at the example,
thank you for responding

"Ralph" wrote:

[...]

Daiya Mitchell

Study how to use wildcards in Find & Replace, which will let you set up a
code to delete the text between brackets, or use some other standard
pattern. Start he

http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

One of the wildcard search experts might come along with more specific help.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Graham Mayor

I seem to recall answering this previously, but the start of the thread has
lapsed, however a wildcard search for
\[*\] \ht\[ ]
replace with
nothing
will do the trick, or by macro:-

Sub StripDates()
Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
.Text = "\[*\] \ht\ "
.Replacement.Text = ""
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchWildcards = True
End With
Selection.Find.Execute replace:=wdReplaceAll
End Sub