Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Colleen M Colleen M is offline

Default Batch print to PDF?

Is it possible set up a macro that will create PDFs from, say, all the
documents in a specific folder? By this I mean a separate PDF for each
document.

--
Colleen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Colleen

Colleen M wrote:
Is it possible set up a macro that will create PDFs from, say, all the
documents in a specific folder? By this I mean a separate PDF for each
document.

For an example of a macro that "takes each file in a folder and does
something to/with it", see:

How to Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder (by
Ibby)
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm

To be able to create PDFs that way, you need the "grid" of this article,
and have a macro that creates a PDF from one file handy (usually by
printing to a special printer driver).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Colleen M Colleen M is offline

Thanks, Robert. Perhaps I didn't phrase my question very well. I should've
said that I do know how to create code do something with each file in a
folder.

What I need is a way of printing files as .pdf files, without the user
having to press enter to confirm the .pdf file name.

Thanks,

--
Colleen

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Colleen

Colleen M wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I'm pretty sure it's different with different combinations but it is an
Acrobat setting. I have Acrobat 7 and Word 2000 on Windows 2000 in front of
me and on the Adobe PDF menu on Word there is an option to "Change
Conversion Settings". In the Dialog this brings up, on the Settings tab
there is a checkbox "prompt for Adobe PDF Filename"; unchecking it should
allow your batch process to work.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Colleen M" wrote in message
news
Thanks, Robert. Perhaps I didn't phrase my question very well. I should've
said that I do know how to create code do something with each file in a
folder.

What I need is a way of printing files as .pdf files, without the user
having to press enter to confirm the .pdf file name.

Thanks,

--
Colleen

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Colleen

Colleen M wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Colleen M Colleen M is offline

Thanks Suzanne and Tony. This seems like it must be my solution, but when I
select Change Conversion Settings nothing happens. And if I try to de-select
"View PDF result" that doesn't work either. I run macros all the time, so
macro security isn't an issue. Any suggestions why this might not be working?

I'm running Office 2003 SP2 and Adobe Acrobat 7.

--
Colleen

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is a setting in Acrobat that determines whether it prompts for a
filename or not.

"Colleen M" wrote in message
news
Thanks, Robert. Perhaps I didn't phrase my question very well. I should've
said that I do know how to create code do something with each file in a
folder.

What I need is a way of printing files as .pdf files, without the user
having to press enter to confirm the .pdf file name.

Thanks,

--
Colleen

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote: