Accept Change to automatic numbering

Old November 18th 08, 03:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wjb9665

Default Accept Change to automatic numbering

For some reason, I cannot accept changes to my automatic list numbering. It
shows a strike out of wrong outline numbers and the correct ones are
displayed as changes, but I cannot accept the formatting change and have the
change disappear!

Old January 22nd 21, 09:24 AM
Marthiens Heymans Marthiens Heymans is offline

Originally Posted by wjb9665 View Post
For some reason, I cannot accept changes to my automatic list numbering. It
shows a strike out of wrong outline numbers and the correct ones are
displayed as changes, but I cannot accept the formatting change and have the
change disappear!
Had the same problem. Right click on the vertical "track change" line on the left side of the outline number you want to correct. My document did not show the line so I went down the wrong outline numbers until I found the line next to the tracked changed number. Right click on that vertical line and click on accept format change. All the numbers that is tracked changed the same wil turn normal. Good luck.