Welcome to WordBanter

Old January 22nd 05, 03:23 PM
kevin kevin is offline
Administrator

Arrow Welcome to WordBanter

Folks -

You are reading this probably because you are considering participating in these Microsoft Word related newsgroups. These are the finest Word discussions on the internet, with many contributors who have the widest experience imaginable.

This forum is a web gateway to this collection of newsgroups. WordBanter.com mirrors these discussions and allows you to participate through a high quality web forum.

Many people choose to access these groups through a newsreader (e.g. Outlook Express). I make no distinction about the merits of each way of accessing these newsgroups, WordBanter.com merely offers an alternative to a newsreader.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with newsgroups or Usenet, the best description I've seen is at

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/what-is/part1 and http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/what-is/part2

No one "owns" Usenet and the groups that are gatewayed into WordBanter.com are mostly unmoderated. The feed that we provide is a service and is just a gateway into another discussion area. You're liable to see flaming, bad language, bad behaviour and a whole bunch of really objectionable stuff if you look hard enough.

But, as you continue to look, you'll see some real gems of information and some *very* knowledgeable folks.

Once again, WordBanter.com doesn't own Usenet, has no control over its content and the feeds are provided without any interference (or moderation) from the folks on WordBanter.com.

Usenet can be harsh at times - but this newsgroup community as a whole has unparrelled knowledge and can be amazingly helpful.

To participate in the discussions through WordBanter.com, you will need to register. Registration is quick and free.

I strongly recommend before posting for the first time to read through previous posts in the forum to get a feel for the style of that group. If there is a FAQ, please read it. These are normally the first thread in the forum marked as 'sticky'. Also use the search function to check if your question has been asked before.

Please note, when posting from this website you are not only posting to this website forum, but to the newsgroup. Your message will be propagated to many hundreds / thousands of servers and will end up in other newsgroup archives such as this (E.g. http://groups.google.com).

To sum things up, I really hope you enjoy participating in these newsgroups , but read at your own risk.
Old February 18th 08, 09:58 AM
priji priji is offline

I am priji from India. I am new here and i have just join this forum. this is my first post in this forum.
Old January 14th 09, 12:52 AM
oakley99 oakley99 is offline

Originally Posted by priji View Post
I am priji from India. I am new here and i have just join this forum. this is my first post in this forum.
Hello Priji..I`m also new here..
Keep posting and have a nice day..
Old October 31st 12, 10:02 PM
Parucho Parucho is offline

Please can explain to me how to post a message.. This is my first time and I don't know how to do it
Old June 14th 13, 05:46 PM
zivia3 zivia3 is offline

Originally Posted by Parucho View Post
Please can explain to me how to post a message.. This is my first time and I don't know how to do it
Yeah.... I'm simply trying to figure out how to actually post???? Little help?
Old January 28th 19, 12:16 PM
SAM&MAS SAM&MAS is offline

Hello Kevin,

Could you please show me how to send a private message if i know recipients username but not its BCC.

Thank you