Richard Owen

Default Printing just text and just objects

Is there a way, in Word 2000, that i can print just the text of a document
without any coloured objects, but leave spaces for the objects. Then i need
to print the objects without the text, but leaving the objects in their
original place on the page. I want to do this as I need to print colour and
black on separate printers. I have tried using hidden text, but this does not
seen to leave a space where the text would be - it just bunches up all the
objects.
Has anyone got any suggestions?

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Richard,

This is one approach that may work for you
hopefully someone will have a macro created
to automate this for you to toggle things
on and off or a quickie shortcut g
I've been up for about two days now so...

Be sure to work on a spare copy of your file
(save as a new name).

For printing just the objects
use select all (Ctrl+A) in your document
to select all text, then Format=Font
(or click on the Font Color icon on he formatting toolbar)
and set the color to white, then check
Print preview.

For printing just the text, not pictures,
if the objects are created as 'floating'(
other than 'in line with text') layout wrapping
you can start by turning on the Drawing toolbar
in View=Toolbars.

Next, from Tools=Customize=Commands select 'Drawing'
in the left side then in the right box select and drag
to the Drawing toolbar the 'Select Multiple Objects'
icon (put it next to the white arrow (select object)
icon) and close the customize dialog.

Click your 'Select Multiple Objects' icon
and then choose [Select all]. With all of the graphics
selected use Format=Picture and in the Picture tab set
contrast and brightness to 100 (if you're using borders
you may also need to change the
Color and Lines tab to Select White for the line and
for the Fill choice to preserve the size and positioning.

Check results with Print Preview.

If you have 'inline with text' layout on pictures
you can press F5, use the 'Go to' tab and select graphic
then [Next]. That should put you to the left of the graphic.

Hold the shift key and press the right direction arrow key
once to select the graphic (If the picture toolbar does not
appear use View=Toolbar=Picture) On the Picture toolbar
select the paint can (Format=Picture) and again use the
Picture tab to set contrast/brightness to 100% and white color
on any fills.

Next, use, on the vertical scrollbar on the right of your screen
the double down arrows at the bottom to select the next inline
graphic. Use shift+right arrow again, but now use just the F4
key to repeat the last formatting change from the prior graphic.

Unfortunately, if you still see an outline or shadow with
Print preview at this point on inline with text graphics
you may need to go back through
the graphics using Format=Borders and Shading to set the color
of the border on the picture to white (inline pictures are different g)
and again with the shadow tool using the goto technique and F4 for
each tool.

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)