Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Simon McIntyre Simon McIntyre is offline

Default Office 2007 B2TR won't save

I have installed office 2007 beta 2 and then teh technical refresh on to a
windows vista RC1 installation but in every program when I select save oir
save as nothing happens, I don't get a dialog box asking me where to save,
nor does it save into the exisitng file (if I am in an existing file).

Any sugestions would be much appreciated all I've come across online is the
idea tha teh save box may be opening behind the program window but that
definitley isn't happening.

Thanks

Simon McIntyre
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Simon McIntyre Simon McIntyre is offline

Hi Patrick

Tried that and still no joy, exactly the same problem in all the office
programms (including project and visio 2007). I've gone back to Office 2003
but that won't let me send mails to my excahgne server (it recieves fine), it
complains about the accoutn being unconfigured when you try to edit the
profile so I wonder if its compatibel with vista.

Any other sugesstions from people would be greatly appreciated or I might
just have to go back to XP!

Simon

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Try repairing the Office 2007 installation and see if that helps.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Simon McIntyre" Simon wrote in
message :

I have installed office 2007 beta 2 and then teh technical refresh on to a
windows vista RC1 installation but in every program when I select save oir
save as nothing happens, I don't get a dialog box asking me where to save,
nor does it save into the exisitng file (if I am in an existing file).

Any sugestions would be much appreciated all I've come across online is the
idea tha teh save box may be opening behind the program window but that
definitley isn't happening.

Thanks

Simon McIntyre

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Vista? Let me guess...you are running Beta 2 of Vista?
If yes, upgrade to RC1 (build 5600) or the post-RC1 build 5728. B2TR is
designed for RC1 or later. It won't work with B2 and the most common
problem I have heard from people trying is the inability to save.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Simon McIntyre" wrote in
message :

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Simon McIntyre Simon McIntyre is offline

No it's RC1, I might give RC2 a try though:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10...ows_vista_rc2/