Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lovebugz6996 Lovebugz6996 is offline

Default Spellcheck (office 2007) not working tried using 'help' functon..

Hi there up until April my spellcheck was working fine however now it seems
defunct! Along with this the grammar check seems to be in overdrive
constantly highlighting everything even if it is gramatically correct I have
tried microsoft help and that has not worked and I searched on microsoft.com.
I have changed both the grammar language and the language bar to English UK
and nothing. I am running office 2007 so any help is appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you click Office button - Word Options - Proofing, what settings are
checked/unchecked under "When correcting spelling and grammar in Word"?

I don't use Word's grammar checker, but I do use spelling, and my settings

Check spelling as you type: Checked

Use contextual spelling: Checked

Mark grammar errors as you type: Unchecked

Check grammar with spelling: Unchecked

Show readability settings: Unchecked

(If you do want grammar checked, then you might want to set Writing style:
to Grammar Only.)

Under Exceptions for:, Hide spelling/grammar errors in this document only
should both be unchecked.

If your settings are correct, then it's possible that your Data key in the
registry has become corrupted. I would follow the instructions shown in the
following to locate and delete or rename the Data key to see if that's the
problem:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP