Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] Roger@Dodger.Com is offline

Default MSWord 2003 I want to remove 'split'

Somehow my MSWord2003 suddenly opens documents with what I think is
called 'split' - horizontally. The left side arranges small images of
the document pages vertically (5 to be exact), and the right side
shows the current page being worked on. I can get rid of it by Word's
menu selection windowsremove split. But Word does not remember it.
And so, every document I work on I have to 'remove split'. How do I
get Word to not use 'split'? I never told it to do it.

I have read some in Google that suggests messing with Word's
normal.dot template, but I have tried that, and Word still refuses to
remember that I do not want 'split'.

Can anyone suggest something? Maybe I'll have to re-install Word?

Thanks

Big Fred
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hey Fred--

Reinstalling rarely solves anything -- I'm in 2007 and I don't think
I have the thing you describe; "Split" is for viewing two areas of
the same document, and the split is vertical, with separately scrollable
parts above and below.

See if you have something labeled "Thumbnails" in Word Help?

On Monday, January 20, 2014 7:35:40 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Somehow my MSWord2003 suddenly opens documents with what I think is
called 'split' - horizontally. The left side arranges small images of
the document pages vertically (5 to be exact), and the right side
shows the current page being worked on. I can get rid of it by Word's
menu selection windowsremove split. But Word does not remember it.
And so, every document I work on I have to 'remove split'. How do I
get Word to not use 'split'? I never told it to do it.

I have read some in Google that suggests messing with Word's
normal.dot template, but I have tried that, and Word still refuses to
remember that I do not want 'split'.

Can anyone suggest something? Maybe I'll have to re-install Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] Roger@Dodger.Com is offline

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 06:34:54 -0800 (PST), "Peter T. Daniels"
wrote:

Hey Fred--

Reinstalling rarely solves anything -- I'm in 2007 and I don't think
I have the thing you describe; "Split" is for viewing two areas of
the same document, and the split is vertical, with separately scrollable
parts above and below.

See if you have something labeled "Thumbnails" in Word Help?

All I know is that I select Windowremove split to get rid of it for
the current doc only to have it return on the next doc.

BF
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Based on your description, it sounds like PowerPoint's default view: a list
of slides on the left and the current page on the right. I've never seen
anything like this in Word. Are you running some sort of add-in?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

remove a split in a table Mer Tables 3 May 1st 23 08:49 PM
Remove Split PLEASE HELP Martin Microsoft Word Help 1 February 8th 08 11:20 AM
Remove Split Martin Microsoft Word Help 1 February 7th 08 11:14 PM
cannot remove split window Marianne - Air Liquide Page Layout 2 November 28th 06 02:04 PM
Remove split for default document TeaVan Microsoft Word Help 1 August 13th 05 05:02 PM