Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diana Diana is offline

Default Name suffixes from Outlook to Word (M.D., etc)

I am trying to work between Outlook and Word to create both a referral
contact database and a referral letter template.
I'm having trouble with Outlook correctly recognizing educational suffixes,
such as Ph.D., M.D., etc. Even if I get it so it shows up correctly in
Outlook, when I use the letter wizard in Word, more often than not the formal
salutation ends up "Dear M.D.," or something like that, which is not what I
need. At a bare minimum, I need the person's name as opposed to just the
title, and preferably I'd like it to say "Dear John Doe, M.D.". Is this
possible? The closest I've come is removing all punctuation from the names
in the Outlook contacts, but that's not really an ideal solution.
Thanks!