Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
upsidedown upsidedown is offline

Default How do I rotate text 180 degrees, so it's completely upside down?

I need to rotate text on a page so it appears upside-down, so that the page
is "tumbled," with one side normal, and the backside upside-down...can I do
this with text (not graphics or clip art)?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrp...deDownText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

upsidedown wrote:
I need to rotate text on a page so it appears upside-down, so that
the page is "tumbled," with one side normal, and the backside
upside-down...can I do this with text (not graphics or clip art)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Print one side of the page, turn the paper over and print the other!

upsidedown wrote:
I need to rotate text on a page so it appears upside-down, so that
the page is "tumbled," with one side normal, and the backside
upside-down...can I do this with text (not graphics or clip art)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Actually, if your printer duplexes, you should have a setting in the printer
Properties to choose whether the paper is flipped on the long or short edge.
You want the short edge if this is a portrait document.

upsidedown wrote:
I need to rotate text on a page so it appears upside-down, so that
the page is "tumbled," with one side normal, and the backside
upside-down...can I do this with text (not graphics or clip art)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Calllie Calllie is offline

You go to paint, make a textbox, type your letter, word (in the font you
want) rotate it. Copy it, and paste it! there you go! i spent a long time on
this my self

"upsidedown" wrote:

I need to rotate text on a page so it appears upside-down, so that the page
is "tumbled," with one side normal, and the backside upside-down...can I do
this with text (not graphics or clip art)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arlene Arlene is offline

"upsidedown" wrote:

I need to rotate text on a page so it appears upside-down, so that the page
is "tumbled," with one side normal, and the backside upside-down...can I do
this with text (not graphics or clip art)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lenny[_3_] Lenny[_3_] is offline

If you have the right version of Office then close Word and open Publisher.
All your requirements are available with ease in there.

"arlene" wrote in message

"upsidedown" wrote:

I need to rotate text on a page so it appears upside-down, so that the
page
is "tumbled," with one side normal, and the backside upside-down...can I
do
this with text (not graphics or clip art)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sadler Sadler is offline

"upsidedown" wrote:

I need to rotate text on a page so it appears upside-down, so that the page
is "tumbled," with one side normal, and the backside upside-down...can I do
this with text (not graphics or clip art)?

You can't rotate text 180 but you can rotate 90 in both directions
(effectively giving you 180).

You need to use either a table or a text box. Both of these have a "Text
Direction" option which allows one to have text arrayed down the page facing
left or right. To have it facing up and down, just rotate your page!

BUT, if you want to see a bug in Word (all versions), try the following:

Create a new landscape document. Use either the table method or the text-box
method for creating a tent card with rotated text on both sides of the tent.

With the text-box method, placing any graphic on the page makes the text
boxes disappear. With the table method bitmaps can be placed (using "above
text") but graphics elements (e.g. lines) cannot be placed without moving
other graphic elemnents or the text in the cells - even if they are set to
wrap "above text".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lara Lara is offline

Default How do I rotate text 180 degrees, so it's completely upside do

That doesn't work so well with color printers if you are using cardstock.
Then you get colors dragged across.
--
Lara

upsidedown wrote:
I need to rotate text on a page so it appears upside-down, so that
the page is "tumbled," with one side normal, and the backside
upside-down...can I do this with text (not graphics or clip art)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That would be a limitation of the printer and/or the use of 'one sided' card
stock and nothing to do with Word per se.

upsidedown wrote:
I need to rotate text on a page so it appears upside-down, so that
the page is "tumbled," with one side normal, and the backside
upside-down...can I do this with text (not graphics or clip art)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Doug is offline

I have a similar situation, and a text box or a table just won't do enough.
I have a mass-mailing with a fold-out mailer that comes to a point on one
end (like the flap of an envelope). I can't tell my printers to feel
backwards. I need to print the addresses from a merge file rotated 180
degrees. What can I do? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bjan3 bjan3 is offline

You could try using a unicode converting website that gives you the
unicode equivalent of text that makes the text look upside down (aka
flipped 180 degrees). One such site is 'flip text'
(http://www.upsidedowntext.com/) but a google search will yield many
more sites too.... in general these sites work better for lowercase
letters but give it a try and see if this works for you.

--
bjan3
bjan3's Profile: 1552

Microsoft Office Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Word really is not equipped to do anything of this nature. For a one-off
document you may be able to force something but for merge purposes I think
you'd be asking the impossible. You'd do best to consider using MS Publisher
or other page layout program that supports mail merge *and* something other
than in-line text.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/27/10 9:25 AM, in article
, "Doug"
wrote:

I have a similar situation, and a text box or a table just won't do enough.
I have a mass-mailing with a fold-out mailer that comes to a point on one
end (like the flap of an envelope). I can't tell my printers to feel
backwards. I need to print the addresses from a merge file rotated 180
degrees. What can I do? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] rahulsalunkhensk@gmail.com is offline

hello
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] guginom@gmail.com is offline

On Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 4:46:01 PM UTC-4, upsidedown
This was working somehow, now I cant do it. There is an option on the print menu "rotate 180 degres", but at the moment it does ... pfft ... nothing
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] dfessler24@waynelocal.net is offline

On Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 4:46:01 PM UTC-4, upsidedown wrote:
I need to rotate text on a page so it appears upside-down, so that the page
is "tumbled," with one side normal, and the backside upside-down...can I do
this with text (not graphics or clip art)?

Same question here, can't figure it out.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 9:18:10 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 4:46:01 PM UTC-4, upsidedown wrote:
I need to rotate text on a page so it appears upside-down, so that the page
is "tumbled," with one side normal, and the backside upside-down...can I do
this with text (not graphics or clip art)?

Same question here, can't figure it out.

Numerous answers were given in this thread over the last 12 years. Read them.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] nathanburrill06@gmail.com is offline

On Monday, 28 July 2014 06:43:59 UTC-4, wrote:
hello

hi