Greg

Default Unable to create bookmarks

We have a large document (about 16 MB) which consists mostly of tables that
was created in Word 2000. Recently, we moved to Word 2003, with seemingly no
major difficulties. However, we have recently experienced problems in
creating bookmarks and hyperlinks in this document.

The bookmarks have usually been created without selected text (I presume to
help protect the bookmark against being overwritten). We create the bookmarks
by positioning the cursor at the start of the heading and selecting
Insert|Bookmark from the menu bar, then typing in a name and clicking Add.

When we subsequently try to add the a hyperlink to the bookmark however, the
bookmark is not included in the list for the document.

I'm aware that there was a problem with Word 2000 docs in Word 2003 where
empty bookmarks in a table reading right-to-left were being lost, but we are
trying to create bookmarks in Level 3 headings outside a table.

I have tried selecting the first word and even the whole heading for the
bookmark, but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any suggestions?
--
Greg
CyberTaz

Hi Greg-

If you go to the InsertBookmark dialog box are the Bookmarks listed? What
if you go to InsertReferenceCross-Reference & select Bookmarks from the
Reference Type list?

Regards |:)