Wellie

Default Where can I find the "Normal.dot" for modification

I'd like to modify the Normal.dot s.t. every time I start a new Word
document. I don't have to change the page setup, fonts and other settings to
conform with our company standard.

Can someone please tell me where can I find the "Normal.dot" for MS Office
2003 suite ?

Regards
Chuck Davis

"Wellie" wrote in message
I'd like to modify the Normal.dot s.t. every time I start a new Word
document. I don't have to change the page setup, fonts and other settings
conform with our company standard.

Can someone please tell me where can I find the "Normal.dot" for MS Office
2003 suite ?

Regards

Do a Windows search for normal.dot

Graham Mayor

Normal.dot is a hidden file in the folder defined at tools options file
locations user templates.
However for what you have in mind, document templates should be used to
enforce company standards. Normal.dot is an individual user file and should
be left alone - and certainly never shared!