Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kazdagi kazdagi is offline

Default Set up a new Mail Merge document

How do I set up a new MailMerge document?

I have the main document (.doc) and the date source (.xls).
When I click into Tools, then, Letters and Mailings, then into Mail Merge,
the Open Date Source or Create Merge document do not appear. Before, they
appear and it was easy for me to do this on my old computer.

I am asked to choose on what type of document I am working on (choices are
Letters, E-mails, etc.). This is just the first of 6 steps. Next is selecting
recipients although I am not sending the merged document I am composing, but
I would be printing them.

I am using an Office 2003. What are the steps that I should follow?

Thank you very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Well, you can carefully follow those 6 steps and if you read and understand
all of the instructions and perform each one correctly, you should get the
correct result.

Alternatively, you can select Toolbars from the View menu and display the
mailmerge toolbar, which has buttons on it that allow you to complete the
whole process, or, from the Tools menu, you can select Customize and then on
the Commands tab, select the All Commands category and scroll down through
the list of commands until you come to the Mail Merge Helper item. You can
then click and drag that onto a toolbar or onto the expanded Tools menu.
That will give you back the interface that you used in your previous version
of Word.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.