Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Page numbering starting on page 4 with 2 with Word 07

Hi, I was wondering how I would be able to start page numbering on page 4
with the page numbered as page 2.

I have a title page and a table of contents that I would like omitted from
numbering, and I don't want any page number on the first page of the document.

In addition, I would like my bibliography to be free from page numbering. It
will be the last page.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Insert a Next Page Section Break after the Table of Contents and unlink the
header/footer (as appropriate) in that section from the previous section and
then insert the page number field where you want the number to appear and in
the Format Page Number dialog, set the numbering to Start from 2.

For the bibliography, insert a Next Page Section Break before it, unlink the
header/footer (as appropriate) in that section from the previous section and
then delete the page number field from it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Geoff" wrote in message
Hi, I was wondering how I would be able to start page numbering on page 4
with the page numbered as page 2.

I have a title page and a table of contents that I would like omitted from
numbering, and I don't want any page number on the first page of the
document.

In addition, I would like my bibliography to be free from page numbering.
It
will be the last page.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks