Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Newmarch David Newmarch is offline

Default tooltips vanish too quickly

I have "Show document tooltips on hover" enabled (Word 2007) but the tooltips
don't display for long enough when I hover over a tracked change in the
document. I'm getting about one second to read the tracked changed properties
before the tooltip disappears. In my case I want to check the exact time an
insertion or deletion was made, and becomes quite a feat of visual dexterity
to spot that information. Nine times out of ten I'm just not quick enough.

I haven't been aware of this problem before, and it may be that this is the
first time I have really needed to see the tooltips. Or it may be that they
previously displayed for longer, and something has now changed.

I can't see any way to set the length of time the tooltips display. Does
anyone have any suggestions on this one?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When I hover over a tracked change, the tooltip displays indefinitely. I
wonder if it's possible that a registry key is damaged, causing such a short
interval for you. I would try deleting or renaming the Data key in the
registry to see if that fixes it:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"David Newmarch" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Newmarch David Newmarch is offline

Thanks very much, Herb, for this suggestion. Sounds quite plausible, but I
won't try this solution immediately. Need first of all to brush up on using
regedit, and making sure I've attended to the necessary safety precautions.
It's not something I have hitherto ventured to do, but there's always a first
time!

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you carefully delete the Data key, and nothing else, you cannot cause any
harm. But note that a lot of factory default settings will be restored in the
process.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP