Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frankenface frankenface is offline

Default I get a white border when I print - how can I get rid of it?

I've created a poster in Word [I know it's probably not the best application
to use, but it's all I've got at the moment]. It has a coloured background
and it looks fine until I go to Print Preview or try to print it off and I
get an uneven white border around the edge of the page.

I guess this has something to do with the print settings but can't for the
life of me get rid of it. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Most printer drivers will not allow printing to the edge and will leave a
white unprinted border which indicates the limits of the printable area.
You *may* be able to take advantage of any photo printing options the driver
offers.

frankenface wrote:
I've created a poster in Word [I know it's probably not the best
application to use, but it's all I've got at the moment]. It has a
coloured background and it looks fine until I go to Print Preview or
try to print it off and I get an uneven white border around the edge
of the page.

I guess this has something to do with the print settings but can't
for the life of me get rid of it. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Your printer may not be capable of full-bleed (printing to the edge). And
even if it is, it often means specific settings. You need to read the user
guide that came with your printer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]