Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
imabuckeye imabuckeye is offline

Default Margin Format

Why do my margins slip all the time, when my page format is set? I go to
type in a new line, or new paragraph and my margins slip there.

Thank you ahead of time for your answer!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What do you mean by 'margins slip'. The page margins are set in File Page
setup (Page Layout in Word 2007)
The margins can be over-ridden by paragraph formatting in the current
paragraph style. Does the current style have indents/outdents?

imabuckeye wrote:
Why do my margins slip all the time, when my page format is set? I
go to type in a new line, or new paragraph and my margins slip there.

Thank you ahead of time for your answer!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

imabuckeye wrote:
Why do my margins slip all the time, when my page format is set? I
go to type in a new line, or new paragraph and my margins slip there.

Thank you ahead of time for your answer!

I go to page setup and set my appropriate margins, with .5 indentation on the first line of each paragraph. When a new paragraph starts, 3 or 4 pages later, my settings are lost and I have to manually reset them on each paragraph. I noticed this was after I inserted a .jpg, or a table. I am using Office 2000. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It sounds like you're having a bit of confusion between "margins" and
"indentation"

Margins are a property of the document (or a section if section breaks are
used), indentation is a property of a paragraph which determines how far the
text is "moved in" from the margin. IOW, applying an indent to a paragraph
doesn't necessarily mean that the next paragraph will be indented as well.

In order to get the indentation to apply to each paragraph as you type you
need to employ a Style for your paragraphs that includes the indentation
specification. Otherwise you need to apply the indentation on a para-by-para
basis or select all paras after typing & set the desired indentation for all
at once.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/22/07 9:46 AM, in article
, "imabuckeye"
wrote:

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

What do you mean by 'margins slip'. The page margins are set in File Page
setup (Page Layout in Word 2007)
The margins can be over-ridden by paragraph formatting in the current
paragraph style. Does the current style have indents/outdents?

My web site
www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

imabuckeye wrote:
Why do my margins slip all the time, when my page format is set? I
go to type in a new line, or new paragraph and my margins slip there.

Thank you ahead of time for your answer!

I go to page setup and set my appropriate margins, with .5 indentation on the
first line of each paragraph. When a new paragraph starts, 3 or 4 pages
later, my settings are lost and I have to manually reset them on each
paragraph. I noticed this was after I inserted a .jpg, or a table. I am
using Office 2000. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

imabuckeye wrote:
Why do my margins slip all the time, when my page format is set? I
go to type in a new line, or new paragraph and my margins slip there.

Thank you ahead of time for your answer!

I go to page setup and set my appropriate margins, with .5 indentation on the
first line of each paragraph. When a new paragraph starts, 3 or 4 pages
later, my settings are lost and I have to manually reset them on each
paragraph. I noticed this was after I inserted a .jpg, or a table. I am
using Office 2000. Thanks!

ah! ha! That really helps! i have now learned to use style appreciate it! you folks are great! i am sure i will be back...soon