Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
teresa873 teresa873 is offline

Default Margin Error

I cannot change anything in Page Setup without getting this error message:
"Increasing right margin causes last column to become too narrow in some
sections having unevenly spaced columns." Just clicking OK in the Page Setup
tab creates this error, without changing anything.
My settings are normal, columns are not selected. I even went so far as to
restore the defaults. I still get this error.
This does not occur in docs that have already been saved, just when starting
a new doc.
I've been using MS Word since the program first came out, so I am perplexed
as to why I can't resolve this issue on my own.
I am using MS Windows XP Professional, version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build
2600.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The following may solve the problem:
In a new document, select Format Columns. Click the "One" icon €“ also if
it is already selected. Click OK.

Then try to select Page Setup again and click OK to check whether the
problem is solved.
If that is the case, find and open Normal.dot and make the same correction
there. Save and close Normal.dot.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"teresa873" wrote:

I cannot change anything in Page Setup without getting this error message:
"Increasing right margin causes last column to become too narrow in some
sections having unevenly spaced columns." Just clicking OK in the Page Setup
tab creates this error, without changing anything.
My settings are normal, columns are not selected. I even went so far as to
restore the defaults. I still get this error.
This does not occur in docs that have already been saved, just when starting
a new doc.
I've been using MS Word since the program first came out, so I am perplexed
as to why I can't resolve this issue on my own.
I am using MS Windows XP Professional, version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build
2600.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
teresa873 teresa873 is offline

Selecting one column did work, but I would rather not have to repeat this
process each time I open a new document.
As if I'm new to MS Word, where would I find the Normal.dot file to change
that?

"teresa873" wrote:

I cannot change anything in Page Setup without getting this error message:
"Increasing right margin causes last column to become too narrow in some
sections having unevenly spaced columns." Just clicking OK in the Page Setup
tab creates this error, without changing anything.
My settings are normal, columns are not selected. I even went so far as to
restore the defaults. I still get this error.
This does not occur in docs that have already been saved, just when starting
a new doc.
I've been using MS Word since the program first came out, so I am perplexed
as to why I can't resolve this issue on my own.
I am using MS Windows XP Professional, version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build
2600.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Follow the instructions in the article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

---
Regards
Lene Fredborg
DocTools - Denmark
www.thedoctools.com

"teresa873" wrote:

I cannot change anything in Page Setup without getting this error message:
"Increasing right margin causes last column to become too narrow in some
sections having unevenly spaced columns." Just clicking OK in the Page Setup
tab creates this error, without changing anything.
My settings are normal, columns are not selected. I even went so far as to
restore the defaults. I still get this error.
This does not occur in docs that have already been saved, just when starting
a new doc.
I've been using MS Word since the program first came out, so I am perplexed
as to why I can't resolve this issue on my own.
I am using MS Windows XP Professional, version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build
2600.

Bookfold margin error gregkedro Page Layout 3 January 2nd 07 03:52 PM
Margin Error message epicdon Microsoft Word Help 2 October 2nd 06 11:46 AM
Margin size error Johnny37 New Users 4 March 21st 06 06:41 PM
section margin print error Rick Stahl Page Layout 1 February 6th 06 12:09 PM
Margin Error Message Krefty Microsoft Word Help 1 March 2nd 05 09:01 PM