Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shannon Shannon is offline

Default Margin-type problem

My Microsoft Word 2007 randomly started defaulting the top margin to about
the 4 inch level. It is literally half way down the page, and will not allow
me to move up any further. I've attempted to change my margins, and they say
that they are 1inch all around.

Help!?!?!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Try turning on your hidden characters (Home Tab, Paragraph Group, Show/Hide)
or CTRL+SHIFT+* to toggle them on. See if you are not pushing around some
empty paragraphs.

Another thought that I have is that the Page Layout is set to Centered or
Justified instead of Top. Go to the Page Layout Tab and click the dialog
launcher (square in right corner) of the Page Setup Group. Click into the
Layout tab of the Page Setup dialog box, and check to make sure that the
Vertical Page Alignment is set to Top.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Shannon" wrote in message
My Microsoft Word 2007 randomly started defaulting the top margin to about
the 4 inch level. It is literally half way down the page, and will not allow
me to move up any further. I've attempted to change my margins, and they say
that they are 1inch all around.

Help!?!?!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shannon Shannon is offline

I thank you so very much. I'm a college student with a week of two papers to
write and a Word that wouldn't work. You were correct in your thinking that
it was the page setup. Mine defaults to center...so now I need to change
that. But thank you for your advice. Something so simple and obvious and yet
I didn't have it correct. Thank you SO MUCH!

"Shannon" wrote in message
My Microsoft Word 2007 randomly started defaulting the top margin to about
the 4 inch level. It is literally half way down the page, and will not allow
me to move up any further. I've attempted to change my margins, and they say
that they are 1inch all around.

Help!?!?!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Shannon -

I'm glad that you got it figured out! Thanks for letting me know what the
solution was!

As for changing the Default - open a blank document, set your margins and
change to the Top. In that same dialog box, in the lower left corner is a
default button, that when clicked will change the margins, and other options
in the entire dialog box to the standard for all future documents. (It
modifies the Normal.dotm template.)

Margin problem ann Tables 1 July 26th 07 11:41 PM
How to type in the margin of a word document? Sociology Researcher Microsoft Word Help 4 April 7th 06 04:07 AM
some of my lines move outside of the left margin when I type Ray the elder Mailmerge 1 January 15th 06 09:21 PM
How can I type notes in the margin of a document? Texas author Page Layout 2 March 29th 05 05:09 AM
Top margin problem Mel New Users 1 December 10th 04 03:53 PM