KariKa

Default I can't see equations on Word 2003

In Word 2003, when I open a document that have equations, this equations are
show only with strange simbols. The number e signals that the equations
contains does not appear.

Can anyone help me?
Bob Mathews

On 28-Oct-2005, KariKa wrote:

In Word 2003, when I open a document that have equations, this
equations are show only with strange simbols. The number e
signals that the equations contains does not appear.

With Equation Editor open, click on Style Define. Make sure these 3 styles
are set to Symbol font: LC Greek, UC Greek, and Symbol.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide
KariKa

I've already check these 3 styles LC Greek, UC Greek, and Symbol in the
Equation Editor and there OK.

Can you tell me another solution?

Thks for the help.

Bob Mathews

On 29-Oct-2005, KariKa wrote:

I've already check these 3 styles LC Greek, UC Greek, and Symbol
in the Equation Editor and there OK.

Can you tell me another solution?

Perhaps I misunderstood your original statement of the problem. Can you tell
us again what the problem is? Give as many details as possible. For example,
what do you mean when you say "the number e signals that the equations
contains does not appear"?

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide
KariKa

When I insert the equation in word 2003, i use equation editor. i've already
check the fonts as you recomended me. it's ok.
in the equation editor, the equations that i want to insert does not cause
me any problems. I can write it well. the problem is when I close the
equation editor and go to word document where the equation must appear. in
this document, the equation is showed whit strange symbols. symbols that is
not part of the equation substitute the symbols and numbers that I insert.

If you can understand what i'm saying, please send me your e-mail so that i
can send you some pictures that explain the problem.

Thks.

Bob Mathews

On 30-Oct-2005, KariKa wrote:

in the equation editor, the equations that i want to insert does not
cause me any problems. I can write it well. the problem is when I
close the equation editor and go to word document where the
equation must appear. in this document, the equation is showed
whit strange symbols. symbols that is not part of the equation
substitute the symbols and numbers that I insert.

I understand what you're saying, but I think I can get a better handle on
the problem if you send me a sample document. Send me a Word document that
looks like you describe -- where the equations don't display properly in
Word but they look fine in Equation Editor -- and I'll see how it looks to
me. There are two e-mail addresses here -- one in the header of the message,
which is where it'll go if you click "reply to sender", and there's a
different e-mail address in my signature below. Either of these will work.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide
Bob Mathews

On 30-Oct-2005, KariKa wrote:

When I insert the equation in word 2003, i use equation editor.
i've already check the fonts as you recomended me. it's ok.
in the equation editor, the equations that i want to insert does
not cause me any problems. I can write it well. the problem is
when I close the equation editor and go to word document where
the equation must appear in this document, the equation is
showed whit strange symbols. symbols that is not part of the
equation substitute the symbols and numbers that I insert.

Just to let everyone know about the solution to this problem. "KariKa" sent
me a document that showed strange characters in Word 2003, but it opened
fine for me in Word 2003. I sent KariKa a new copy of MTExtra font, with
instructions on how to replace existing copy(ies) of MTExtra with the new
one. The new font solved all the problems, and the equations show up
normally in Word 2003.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training