Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] jjloriz@verizon.net is offline

Default Lose Changes to Style When Document ReOpened

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 1:47:58 PM UTC-5, Stefan Blom wrote:
If styles change when you (re-)open a document, you need to do the following: In the Templates and Add-Ins dialog box, clear the option to "Automatically update document styles." To display the dialog box: First display the Developer tab on the ribbon by selecting it at File tab | Options | Customize Ribbon. Then, on the Developer tab, click Document Template. (These instructions apply to Word 2010 and 2013.) -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP wrote in message ... I have found a partial remedy to the lost styles problem, which is: I have defined my styles as a "quick style set". Each time I re-open the document, the styles are reverted to some default, but by applying my quick style set I can regain my styles. Still, it is annoying that I have to do it each and every time I open the document. Isn't there any possibility to cause the style definitions to stay? (Preferably one that does not involve templates...) Den onsdag den 12. februar 2014 14.51.28 UTC+2 skrev Lisa Wilke-Thissen: Hi, You may be interested to know I did explicitly change the font colour setting for style A, but then the error would occur on reopening the document (so there is a "bug" somewhere) you did not change the Design, you did not change the Styles Set? Did you modify a character style, a paragraph style, or a linked style? You just modified this one style, you did not modify the basis style? Click into the formatted text and press SHIFT + F1. In the "Reveal Formatting" pane enable "Distinguish style source". Then, which information does the pane show for your text? When opening the document by "Open and Repair": Does any error message occur? Your also can send me the document for analysing. -- Cheers, Lisa

I've implemented all of the suggestions mentioned in this thread. I've been able to correct the 0.25 Left Indent added to some table cells when re-opening the document. But I'm unable to resolve the 0.25 Hanging Indent added to some table cells. I can't simply reapply the style because the table cell content has additional formatting that is unique to the cell. Reapplying the style causes everything within the cell to assume the style definition properties.