Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob Kivu 99 Rob Kivu 99 is offline

Default Styles do not change in document

Hi, If I highlight text in my Word document and then change the style, it
registers the change of style in the style box but does not actually change
the text in the document. For instance, Heading 1 may be set as Arial 16
point bold font, but when i select the text and change it to Heading 1, the
text remains at Times Roman 12 point font in the document. I have tried many
different settings and possibly have made incorrect changes somewhere along
the line. Please could you help? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word? Are you possibly in Normal/Draft view with "Draft
font" enabled? Are you applying the style to an entire paragraph or just
part of one? What happens if you apply the style and then select the text
and press Ctrl+Spacebar?

"Rob Kivu 99" Rob Kivu wrote in message
Hi, If I highlight text in my Word document and then change the style, it
registers the change of style in the style box but does not actually
change
the text in the document. For instance, Heading 1 may be set as Arial 16
point bold font, but when i select the text and change it to Heading 1,
the
text remains at Times Roman 12 point font in the document. I have tried
many
different settings and possibly have made incorrect changes somewhere
along
the line. Please could you help? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

With the same text (that you changed the style) selected, then press
Ctrl+Spacebar. This will remove any manual formatting that has been applied
to the text and allow the Style formatting to shine through.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Rob Kivu 99" wrote:

Hi, If I highlight text in my Word document and then change the style, it
registers the change of style in the style box but does not actually change
the text in the document. For instance, Heading 1 may be set as Arial 16
point bold font, but when i select the text and change it to Heading 1, the
text remains at Times Roman 12 point font in the document. I have tried many
different settings and possibly have made incorrect changes somewhere along
the line. Please could you help? Thanks

Arlenill Arlenill is offline
Banned

When it comes to creating web pages in a Word document or publishing them as an HTML document , you may encounter problems that are a little unfamiliar, such as styles and formatting. In the next few lines, we will highlight the most important aspects of these topics and present some https://uk.eliteassignmenthelp.com/ solutions to those problems, making you more aware of the world of computer document publishing and how you can have complete power over it.