Kees van Velzen

Default How do I Mail Merge graphics into a document

I have a Word source file containing a table with graphics in one column. The
graphis are all sized diferently.
When Merging these graphis into a Mail Merge document, it only works when
the graphics Wrapping Style is set to "In line with text". However, this
makes it cumbersome to size all graphic objects to e.g. a standard width
after the merge (so as to fit on the selected labe size). One would like to
select alll grapahics and set the width to the deired value instead of
selecting each graph seperately.

So: how to set the width of all "In line with text" graphic objects to a
certain value, or
how do I merge non-"In line with text" gr[pahcs into a file ?

Graham Mayor

If you lock the width of a table cell, a graphic inserted in it will adapt
to the width of that cell - see also
http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

Kees van Velzen wrote:
I have a Word source file containing a table with graphics in one
column. The graphis are all sized diferently.
When Merging these graphis into a Mail Merge document, it only works
when the graphics Wrapping Style is set to "In line with text".
However, this makes it cumbersome to size all graphic objects to e.g.
a standard width after the merge (so as to fit on the selected labe
size). One would like to select alll grapahics and set the width to
the deired value instead of selecting each graph seperately.

So: how to set the width of all "In line with text" graphic objects
to a certain value, or
how do I merge non-"In line with text" gr[pahcs into a file ?

Kees

I have set the Table, Column and cell options to unclick Preferred width
(hopefully that is what you meant with lock width ?)
But all it does is cutting off (cropping) the graphic; it does not resize it.

Kees van Velzen wrote:
I have a Word source file containing a table with graphics in one
column. The graphis are all sized diferently.
When Merging these graphis into a Mail Merge document, it only works
when the graphics Wrapping Style is set to "In line with text".
However, this makes it cumbersome to size all graphic objects to e.g.
a standard width after the merge (so as to fit on the selected labe
size). One would like to select alll grapahics and set the width to
the deired value instead of selecting each graph seperately.

So: how to set the width of all "In line with text" graphic objects
to a certain value, or
how do I merge non-"In line with text" gr[pahcs into a file ?

Graham Mayor

I actually meant Table autofit fixed column width (before you insert the
graphic). This should scale the inserted graphic to adapt to the width of
the cell (the height will change to accommodate the aspect ratio of the
picture).

Kees van Velzen wrote:
I have a Word source file containing a table with graphics in one
column. The graphis are all sized differently.
When Merging these graphics into a Mail Merge document, it only works
when the graphics Wrapping Style is set to "In line with text".
However, this makes it cumbersome to size all graphic objects to
e.g. a standard width after the merge (so as to fit on the selected
label size). One would like to select all graphics and set the
width to the desired value instead of selecting each graph
separately.

So: how to set the width of all "In line with text" graphic objects
to a certain value, or
how do I merge non-"In line with text" gr[pahcs into a file ?

Kees

Nope sorry. Perhaps it is because I have Word 2000 ?
I have created a labelf file, set the columns to fixed width and then did
the merge. The graphis were originally "In line with text". They were not
resized to the small column width