Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ian Wolfe

Default Envelopes

In Win2K and Word 2000 I was able to go to Tools, then Envelopes etc
and get the list of addresses from MS Contacts. Recently I had to
change to XP and Word 2003 and can no longer do this. I use
Thunderbird as my default Mail client, but Word now gives 2 Error
Messages telling me 1) that I must set MS Contacts as my default mail
client and 2) that I must log on to MS Exchange to access my address
book, but I cannot find this.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

This function only works with Outlook Contacts when Outlook is the default
e-mail application. Unless you have Microsoft Exchange which is an expensive
corporate messaging system.

Ian Wolfe wrote:
In Win2K and Word 2000 I was able to go to Tools, then Envelopes etc
and get the list of addresses from MS Contacts. Recently I had to
change to XP and Word 2003 and can no longer do this. I use
Thunderbird as my default Mail client, but Word now gives 2 Error
Messages telling me 1) that I must set MS Contacts as my default mail
client and 2) that I must log on to MS Exchange to access my address
book, but I cannot find this.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ian Wolfe

Many thanks, Graham. Yet it *did* work with W2K for me, so that's a
backward step:-(

In message
"Graham Mayor" wrote:

This function only works with Outlook Contacts when Outlook is the default
e-mail application. Unless you have Microsoft Exchange which is an expensive
corporate messaging system.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.
Blessed are the peacemakers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ian Wolfe

Yes it did, as I discovered this afternoon. Very sad. What are they
playing at?

In message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Agreed. I believe it worked even as recently as Word 2002.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.
Blessed are the peacemakers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

They're evidently trying to force the entire world to use Outlook for mail
(despite the fact that many of us find OE quite adequate or some other
client superior). Ironically, however, many "consumer" versions of Office
2007 will not even include Outlook. So what will happen in Word 2007, I
wonder.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Agreed. I believe it worked even as recently as Word 2002.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.
Blessed are the peacemakers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In attempting to print an envelope from Word 2007, I no longer see two
options that were in previous versions of Word: Delivery Point Bar Code and
the other barcode option to denote the item as Business Repy mail. Thease
options had appeared under envelope printing\ options. Does anyone happen to
know if this is a component that has yet to be added in the production
release?
Thank you,
Michael Baron