Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anxious Amy Anxious Amy is offline

Default How to preserve styles when pasting imported texts?

How do you set global formatting so that any imported text confirms to the
font, margins, etc. in your current document without additional keystrokes or
re-formatting? I figured out how on the business version at work once, but
my IS department destroyed my Normal.dot file. It has something to do with
Tools/Templates and Add-Ins.

I have Microsoft Word 2003 Student version. HELP!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?QW54aW91cyBBbXk=?=,

How do you set global formatting so that any imported text confirms to the
font, margins, etc. in your current document without additional keystrokes or
re-formatting? I figured out how on the business version at work once, but
my IS department destroyed my Normal.dot file. It has something to do with
Tools/Templates and Add-Ins.

Actually, I'd think Tools/Options/Edit, the section on Smart Cut and Paste.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)