Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gacarbone gacarbone is offline

Default From paragraph to columns to paragraph

How do I move from a regular paragraph format to column format back to
paragraph format with losing any of those domains? Each domain is on its own
separate page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Try selecting the text and setting it to multiple columns (Format | Columns,
or there may be an icon on your toolbar), then using the same method to set
it to ONE column to get back to paragraph.

If that doesn't work, please explain the problem in more detail--I'm not
sure I understood, though someone else may have. And state Word and OS
version, and explain what you mean by "domain", which is not a typical Word
term.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Whenenver you change the number of columns from one to multiple or back, you
have to insert a section break. A Continuous break will suffice: Insert |
Break: Section break: Continuous.

As a shortcut, if you select the text you want to be in multiple columns,
then choose the number of columns from the Format | Columns dialog or using
the Columns button on the Formatting toolbar, Word will insert the section
breaks for you.