Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fishboy Fishboy is offline

Default pdf conversion missing page numbers

A 200 pg report with lots of figures & tables: When making a pdf with tags
from Word-03, Acrobat 7 converts all the tags but page numbers are missing
after section breaks and continuing MIA until the next section break. I was
able to go back into the doc and reinsert page numbers after the s.b., which
seemed to work. But now the beginning of the doc is not showing the roman
numeration nor the beginning of the arabic numeration until the first
body-of-the-doument s.b.

Suggestions? Should one wipe all pagination and begin anew (tedious!)?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Fishboy

Does the pagination look correct in Word when you do File Print Preview.

If so, then the problem is with Acrobat, and I suggest that (a) you make
sure you have the latest version and (b) ask your question in an Acrobat
forum at www.adobe.com.

If not, then see the following.
How to control the page numbering in a Word document
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Fishboy" wrote in message
A 200 pg report with lots of figures & tables: When making a pdf with tags
from Word-03, Acrobat 7 converts all the tags but page numbers are missing
after section breaks and continuing MIA until the next section break. I
was
able to go back into the doc and reinsert page numbers after the s.b.,
which
seemed to work. But now the beginning of the doc is not showing the roman
numeration nor the beginning of the arabic numeration until the first
body-of-the-doument s.b.

Suggestions? Should one wipe all pagination and begin anew (tedious!)?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fishboy Fishboy is offline

Hi Shauna,
Yeah, the doc looked fine before the conversion and also looked fine in the
pdf if I converted without tags. But of course, that would delete all
bookmarks in the pdf--an undesirable option. I ended up taking my own advice
and deleting a series of early page numbers and then re-inserting them
(re-inserting alone didn't seem to work).

I also checked out the adobe forum and couldn't come up with anything
relevant about missing page numbers. BUT one user mentioned having problems
with losing footers--something related to their size. Another user responded
about turning off compatability. I didn't get to this stage to try it but
wonder if it was related and perhaps my actions resolved some unknown but
related footer size issues.

Thanks for your help.