Mike

Default Creating a hotkey shortcut to Send email as an attachment.

I'm trying to create a hotkey shortcut to Send email as an attachment. I
look in Tools Customize.... and click on the Keyboard button and don't see an
option under File to send email as an attachment. The SendTo option I see is
SendToFax. Is there a way to create this hotkey on my keyboard.

I tried recording a Macro called SendToEmail but I can't click the record
button fast enough because the new message screen pops up.
Herb Tyson [MVP]

It's not clear what you want to do. Do you really want to send email as an
attachment? Or, do you want to send a Word file as an attachment? If it's
the latter, the Word command is FileSendMail.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Mike" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a hotkey shortcut to Send email as an attachment. I
look in Tools Customize.... and click on the Keyboard button and don't see
an
option under File to send email as an attachment. The SendTo option I see
is
SendToFax. Is there a way to create this hotkey on my keyboard.

I tried recording a Macro called SendToEmail but I can't click the record
button fast enough because the new message screen pops up.

Mike

My friend would like to create shortcut key to open up a new message as an
attachment but it probably doesn't make sense in that she still has to add
the attachment separately anyway right?

"Mike" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a hotkey shortcut to Send email as an attachment. I
look in Tools Customize.... and click on the Keyboard button and don't see
an
option under File to send email as an attachment. The SendTo option I see
is
SendToFax. Is there a way to create this hotkey on my keyboard.

I tried recording a Macro called SendToEmail but I can't click the record
button fast enough because the new message screen pops up.

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Not there? It's there for me. Choose Tools - Customize - Keyboard button;
set Categories to All Commands. In the Commands list, tap the F key once to
go to the beginning of the "F" commands, then scroll down. I have
FileSendMail right between FileSearch and FileSummaryInfo.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

"Mike" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a hotkey shortcut to Send email as an attachment.
look in Tools Customize.... and click on the Keyboard button and don't
see
an
option under File to send email as an attachment. The SendTo option I
see
is
SendToFax. Is there a way to create this hotkey on my keyboard.

I tried recording a Macro called SendToEmail but I can't click the
record
button fast enough because the new message screen pops up.

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Because, if they put it there, you'd find it! ;-)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com