42dman

Default erase words?

I'm typing a word document and when I try to make a correction it won't type
over the old it eliminates the old and won't let me correct the dialog.. Have
I changed the format or how do I fix this??
Jay Freedman

42dman wrote:
I'm typing a word document and when I try to make a correction it
won't type over the old it eliminates the old and won't let me
correct the dialog.. Have I changed the format or how do I fix this??

Word has two modes, Overtype and Insert. In Overtype mode, each letter you
type replaces a letter of the existing text. In Insert mode, letters you
type push the existing text to the right.

The Insert key toggles back and forth between the two modes.

You can tell which mode you're in by looking at the status bar at the bottom
of the window. If the three letters OVR are gray, you're in Insert mode. If
they're black, you're in Overtype mode. You can also toggle from one mode to
the other by double-clicking those three letters.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

How do I build a word list with number of occurrences of each wor. Bill Crowl Microsoft Word Help 2 March 19th 05 11:17 PM
Word frequencies Anthea Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 04:46 AM
Finding words near other words AH Microsoft Word Help 5 December 16th 04 03:23 PM
Word Count mel Microsoft Word Help 2 December 14th 04 10:17 PM
Recurring words/phrases Pegge New Users 1 December 9th 04 02:08 AM