Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Best format for other users

Hi, with a lot of the world still using old versions of Word and pardon my
language here, Open Office, what is the best format to save documents in on
Word 2007 for the widest openability?
I'd add that the files are often also read by blind folk as well who often
use the wordpad variant Jarte, who tell us that although they can convert
docx in some way the resulting text is either invisible aor all messed up.

I'm thinking Word 2002 here, anyone care to comment?

Brian

Email:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
om...
Hi, with a lot of the world still using old versions of Word and pardon
my language here, Open Office, what is the best format to save documents
in on Word 2007 for the widest openability?
I'd add that the files are often also read by blind folk as well who often
use the wordpad variant Jarte, who tell us that although they can convert
docx in some way the resulting text is either invisible aor all messed up.

I'm thinking Word 2002 here, anyone care to comment?

Brian

If it's just to read - PDF.
If not then saving as RTF has been the format for greatest interoperability.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Change the Word option to use the Compatibility mode and Word 2007 will use
Word 97 - 2003 doc format by default. This is compatible with most versions
of Word, WordPad and Open Office.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

om...