Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill Nock , Stockport, UK Bill Nock , Stockport, UK is offline

Default Date on filed letters

Using template in Works 8.5 Word Processor, how do I stop dates on filed
letters up-dating when re-opened?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Change the {DATE} field in the template to {CREATEDATE} Press Alt+F9 to
toggle the display of the field codes.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
Using template in Works 8.5 Word Processor, how do I stop dates on filed
letters up-dating when re-opened?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill Nock , Stockport, UK[_2_] Bill Nock , Stockport, UK[_2_] is offline

Unable to find 'date' and 'createdate' fields in in Works WP, perhaps only in
WORD; Alt + F9 doesn't do anything.
As octogenarian pensionner I hardly merit professional advisor!
Thanks for trying to help.

wrote in message
Using template in Works 8.5 Word Processor, how do I stop dates on filed
letters up-dating when re-opened?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This is a newsgroup for Word. The person who answered your question
obviously failed to notice that you were posting an (off-topic) question
about the Works word processor. For questions about Works, please post in
the Works newsgroup.

Bill Nock; Stockport; "UK"

wrote in message
Using template in Works 8.5 Word Processor, how do I stop dates on

filed
letters up-dating when re-opened?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill Nock , Stockport, UK[_2_] Bill Nock , Stockport, UK[_2_] is offline

I am grateful to Ms Barnhill for her advice. Perhaps she could direct me to a
Works Newsgroup: I couldn't find one. From my limited experience and reading,
Works WP and Word seemed very similar and in the absence of anything else, I
thought it was worth a try.

With apologies,

Bill Nock

wrote in message
Using template in Works 8.5 Word Processor, how do I stop dates on

filed
letters up-dating when re-opened?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The newsgroup for Works is microsoft.public.works.win. Try
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=us
or start at
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx and
scroll down to the correct NG.

Bill Nock; Stockport; "UK"

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a newsgroup for Word. The person who answered your question
obviously failed to notice that you were posting an (off-topic) question
about the Works word processor. For questions about Works, please post

in
the Works newsgroup.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Bill Nock; Stockport; "UK"

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Change the {DATE} field in the template to {CREATEDATE} Press

Alt+F9 to
toggle the display of the field codes.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of

my