Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Scott Lolmaugh Scott Lolmaugh is offline

Default Header formula to display current "Heading 1" at the top of each page

Hi All,
I'm running Word 2007. I am creating a long document using the "Heading 1"
style for each section header so that I can use the automated TOC.
I was wondering if there was a way to insert a formula into the header that
would display the name of the current section based on the current "Heading
1" in effect.
Is there a field that already has this value or can a formula be used?
Thanks,
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

A STYLEREF field will handle this for you.

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm

Dan