Tony Markham

Default Light grey border marks

I am seeing light grey marks (like border marks) around the text area of my
documents. They mark each corner of the text or printable area. They don't
print. They look like guidelines of some kind.

What are they? How can I get rid of them?

If you're seeing only the corner marks, see €śMargin marks or crop marks
appear on each corner of the page when you open a document in Word 2002 or
in Word 2003€ť at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371 (and be glad they
don't print; some users have reported that they do). If you're seeing the
corner marks along with other lines around text, go to Tools | Options |
View and clear the check box for "Text boundaries."