Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

Default Customizing a Figure Cross Reference?

Fellow Forum Members,
When I do a Cross Reference, Reference Type: set to "Figure" and Insert
reference to: set to "Only label and number" the result I get is a field that
looks like this: Figure 3-64.

How or where do I customize this field so that the type always appears in
BOLD BLUE (to indicate that it's a Hyperlink when I PDF it) and with
paranthesis so that it looks like this: (Figure 3-64). ?

I have looked all over WORD 2003 and I can't find a place that will let me
control the formatting a cross reference appears with. Any help will be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Adding parentheses is easy. First, display field codes, for example by
pressing Alt+F9. Then use Edit | Replace:

Find what: ^d REF
Replace with: (^&)

Click Alt+F9 again to hide field codes.

To apply the formatting, you could try a macro such as the following:

Sub FormatRefFields()
Dim f As Field
For Each f In ActiveDocument.Fields
If f.Type = wdFieldRef Then
f.Code.Text = f.Code.Text & " \* CHARFORMAT"
f.Code.Font.Bold = True
f.Code.Font.Color = wdColorBlue
f.Update
End If