Why when I press tab key, it goes to end of doc?

Old February 1st 09, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
angela g

Default Why when I press tab key, it goes to end of doc?

I am using Word '07, or trying to.
Now, when I create a new doc, even when I set tabs for that new doc, if I
press the tab key, it's as if I pressed ctrl+end and I'm at the end of the
doc.
This does not occur with my old docs, the ones I first created in Word '02.
Is there something in my default template that is making it do this? I sure
did not set it this way on purpose.
Help is of course no help.
Thanks in advance.