When opening word 2007 a document appears, not a blank document

Old April 23rd 09, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
denise

Default When opening word 2007 a document appears, not a blank document

One of my children did this - when I open word 2007 a document they created
appears instead of just a blank one. How do I change it so it is a blank
document.

Old April 23rd 09, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer[_2_]

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

Old April 23rd 09, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JR Hester

Rename or delete the file NORMAL.DOTX. Then restart Word™, it should craete a
new empty normal template.

Old April 24th 09, 06:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The normal template for Word 2007 is normal.dotm

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Rename or delete the file NORMAL.DOTX. Then restart WordT, it should

Old April 24th 09, 02:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Macros or not, the normal template that Word 2007 creates is normal.dotm
(even if normal.dotx is present).