Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ian_T

Default Problem with embedded .pps file

I am using Microsoft Word 2003 and Powerpoint 2003 and received a Word
document with a .pps object embedded in it. When I double-clicked on
the icon (first time) I saw the presentation OK, and it had a number of
photographs. I was playing around to try and open it as slides and have
done something so that now all I can see is the first slide.
I believe that I right-clicked on the icon and, under some option,
clicked on 'convert...' and then 'Microsoft Powerpoint Slide'. Now when
I double-click (or right click, Slide object..., open/edit) I just see
the first slide.
Also, if I take any other presentation and insert it as an object in a
Word document, the same thing happens (though if I open something
directly with Powerpoint it works fine).
Any ideas on how I can fix my system back to the way it was? (I noticed
that someone else with the same product sees 'Presentation object...'
when they right-click on the icon in the Word document, so obviously
I've somehow set my default to slide. But I've tried the 'convert...'
option and, although the icon in the Word doc *says* presentation
object, it still just gives me the first slide when I open it.

Thanks!
Ian Totman