Chip Orange

Default mysteriously shrinking template

I have a complex template I've been developing for several months. Recently
I noticed it shrank in size from 427k to about 319k between sucessive
versions.

Since I don't recall any deletions, and since I've been testing each new
function as it's been added, so a comprehensive test of all functions would
be difficult, I'd like to ask if this could be a result of any sort of
"garbage collection" scheme used by Word on it's documents from time to
time?

The project still compiles, and nothing is obviously missing, but this is
certainly a concern.

thanks.

Chip

Chip Orange

I think I've found my answer.

I've worked on this template on both my home and work systems. I'm at work
now, but I see that I've got the save options set to embed linguistic data
(whatever that is) and embed smart tags (again, whatever that is). If I've
turned them off at home, which I did just now, those 2 options alone account
for 80k or so of the missing data. There's probably something else similar
I've got set differently between the 2 systems (not TT fonts however) that
will account for the rest.

thanks anyway.

Chip

"Chip Orange" wrote in message
I have a complex template I've been developing for several months.

Recently
I noticed it shrank in size from 427k to about 319k between sucessive
versions.

Since I don't recall any deletions, and since I've been testing each new
function as it's been added, so a comprehensive test of all functions

would
be difficult, I'd like to ask if this could be a result of any sort of
"garbage collection" scheme used by Word on it's documents from time to
time?

The project still compiles, and nothing is obviously missing, but this is
certainly a concern.

thanks.

Chip

Charles Kenyon

Also, later versions of Word will often give you a larger document size than
earlier (at least Word 97-2003).
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.