Mark Jerde

Default Table of Changes Between Two Word Documents

Sorry if these are the wrong newsgroups -- so many to choose from!

The first draft of a Word document is about 200 pages. The second draft is
about 275 pages. I am required to produce a 3rd Word document of the
changes between the draft documents. For the most part the section numbers
are the same between the drafts.

Track Changes was OFF when creating the 2nd draft.

Is there an "easy" way to make delta list between the versions? I have
Office 2003, Visual Studio 2003, and I know a little XML.

aTdHvAaNnKcSe for any suggestions.

-- Mark

Charles Kenyon

http://addbalance.com/usersguide/track_changes.htm
Compare documents. This will produce a marked-up document. I would recommend
working with copies. If it does not work, try working with text-only
versions of your documents.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Mark Jerde" wrote in message
Sorry if these are the wrong newsgroups -- so many to choose from!

The first draft of a Word document is about 200 pages. The second draft
is
about 275 pages. I am required to produce a 3rd Word document of the
changes between the draft documents. For the most part the section
numbers
are the same between the drafts.

Track Changes was OFF when creating the 2nd draft.

Is there an "easy" way to make delta list between the versions? I have
Office 2003, Visual Studio 2003, and I know a little XML.

aTdHvAaNnKcSe for any suggestions.

-- Mark

Daiya Mitchell

Word has a Compare Documents function, under Tools. It will show you the
changes between the two in a third document, though it has been known to be
a tad flaky on very long documents, if I remember correctly.

On 1/4/05 8:54 AM, "Mark Jerde" wrote:

Sorry if these are the wrong newsgroups -- so many to choose from!

The first draft of a Word document is about 200 pages. The second draft is
about 275 pages. I am required to produce a 3rd Word document of the
changes between the draft documents. For the most part the section numbers
are the same between the drafts.

Track Changes was OFF when creating the 2nd draft.

Is there an "easy" way to make delta list between the versions? I have
Office 2003, Visual Studio 2003, and I know a little XML.

aTdHvAaNnKcSe for any suggestions.

-- Mark

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Greg Burns

What version of Word has this menu item? I don't see it in Word 97.

Greg

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Charles Kenyon

Word 97 has it. It is buggy but can be helpful. Work with copies of your
documents, perhaps saved as text-only. See my previous post. See
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/tra...ring_Documents for
step-by-step instructions.