Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
SK[_2_] SK[_2_] is offline

Default Separate style of header and footer reverts

Hello

I have a document template which is 3 pages long.

The first is a cover sheet
The second is a table of contents
The third is blank ready for text to be entered

The first two pages are portrait orientation and have the same style
header and footer.
The third page is landscape with its own independent header and footer
design (with "same as previous" in the header/footer toolbar switched
off)

Here is where it gets interesting:
I have a bookmark on the third page ("StartText"), which indicates
where the macro I have written should start populating with text
(insert an htm file to be precise), and then it goes through this new
text reformatting tables.

the macro runs fine, and all the following pages are indeed still
landscape HOWEVER:
The header and footer revert to the first design - the design of page
one and two.

what's even weirder is that if I just type in text on page 3, when it
runs on to page 4 it does what it is supposed to do, and uses the page
three header/footer design.

Can anyone explain why this is happening and/or provide me with a
solution/workaround?

Cheers,

SK

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
SK[_2_] SK[_2_] is offline

Woops forgot to mention Using Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
SK[_2_] SK[_2_] is offline

Looks like it has something to do with the bookmark coming immediately
after the page break at the end of page two. I separate the bookmark
and the page break with a space and it all works fine (I can just add
a line at the end of the macro to get rid of the rogue space)