Posted to microsoft.public.office.developer.outlook.vba,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Matt Matt is offline

Default How to get to email from Word

This works perfect!! Wow, nice job. Searched everywhere for something like
this.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

There ought to be a way to use HTMLBody but it isn't entirely
straightforward.

What you can do is address the Word editor in Outlook 2007 and paste the
selection in. The downside to this is that the OMG gives you a popup but
that probably isn't a big issue in a personal environment.

Instead of:

.Body = Selection

Try:

Selection.Copy
.GetInspector.WordEditor.Range.Paste

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
I had already tried that

The formatting is lost between Word and Outlook and there doesn't seem to
be a way to actually paste into the text area of the Outlook message
window using the macro that I have found ... yet

.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Try

.Body = Selection.FormattedText

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
I can't think of a way to pass the formatting between the
applications using this macro construction. Until someone comes up
with something better, change the line.

.Body = Selection
.Body = ""

and paste your formatted selection into the text area.

To cast the net wider I have cross-posted to the programming and
Outlook forums

Sub Send_Extract_As_Mail()
' send the document in an Outlook Email message
Dim bStarted As Boolean
Dim oOutlookApp As Outlook.Application
Dim oItem As Outlook.MailItem

On Error Resume Next

'Get Outlook if it's running
Set oOutlookApp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")

'Outlook wasn't running, start it from code
If Err 0 Then
Set oOutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
bStarted = True
End If

'Create a new mailitem
Set oItem = oOutlookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
With oItem
.to = "
.Subject = InputBox("Subject?")
.Body = Selection
.Display
End With
'Clean up
Set oItem = Nothing
Set oOutlookApp = Nothing
End Sub

George Lutz wrote:
Terry:

Thanks, but that had no effect on the result.

George Lutz

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

In Outlook, go to Tools, Options, select the Mail Format tab and
then click on Editor Options at the bottom.

Select the Advanced tab and then under Cut, Copy Paste section,
make sure that the Keep Source formatting option is selected. that
should then paste and keep your formatting without need to modify
the macro. Terry

"George Lutz" wrote in
message ...
Terry -- thanks, I found it.

Graham: Can your macro be modifed so that the text that is pasted
into the email body preserves the formatting it had in Word? When
I run your macro,
bolded text becomes unbolded and tabs disappear.

Thanks.

George Lutz

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Right-click anywhere on the QAT and select Customize. In the
customize dialog, select All Commands and scroll down to
Microsoft Outlook.

But I am assuming that you have the whole Office 2007 suit and
not just Word
2007 mixed with Outlook 2003. That combination won't work as Word
2007 needs
Outlook 2007 for compatibility.

Hope this sorts it for you.

Terry

"George Lutz" wrote in
message
Graham's macro works very nicely -- thank you, Graham.

Terry: I would like to try your suggestion, but Outlook does
not seem to
be
a Command available to me in Word Options | Customize | All
Commands. Where
can I find the Command to which you are referring?

Thanks.

George Lutz

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

George

You can add the Outlook command button to the QAT, just like
you can add
the
Send to Mail Recipient tool to the QAT.

Terry Farrell

"George Lutz" wrote in
message
But I don't want to send the entire Word document -- just the
portion
of
it
that is my email. I take notes as I go through the day, and
occasionally
compose an email that I then want to send. The email is just
a small
portion
of the day's notes. So, I compose the email, then cut and
paste its text
into Outlook. The button I used in Word 2003 called up
Outlook, opened
blank email, and allowed me to paste in the text I had
prepared in Word.
also had a button that called up Outlook with an email already
addressed
my assistant, who is the recipient of about half of the 20 or
so emails
send each day -- very convenient. Amazing that such a useful
feature
would
be eliminated in an "updated" version of Word!

I appreciate your replies. however.

George Lutz

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

It was never necessary to copy and paste into a blank email
in Outlook.
All
you ever needed to do from Word was to click on the Send to
Mail Recipient
tool (in either Word 2002, Word 2003 or Word 2007).

When you click on that tool, it adds the standard email
address bar to
the
top of the windows which looks and feels identical to the
blank email
in
Outlook.

In Word 2007, you need to add this command button Send Mail
to Recipient
the QAT because Microsoft inexplicably left it off the Send
Menu.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"George Lutz" George wrote
in message
I just chagned from Word 2003 to Word 2007. In Word 2003, I
had an
icon
in
the toolbar that allowed me to call upOutlook. I.e., I
wouudl compose
and
email in word, then select and copy it, then click on this
icno, and
an
email
opened up ready for me to paste in the text. I am pretty
sure I used
the
Customixe feature in 2002 to do this.

How can I get such an icon in 2007 to land in my Quick
Access Toolbar?

Thanks.

George Lutz