Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larae Larae is offline

Default Updating Page Number only of TOC

Previously, you could right click on the TOC, select update field and have
the option of updating the entire TOC or the page numbers only. Now with
Word 2007, I can't seem to find a way to only update the page numbers. Has
anyone run across this or found the solution? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trip_to_tokyo[_2_] trip_to_tokyo[_2_] is offline

WORD 2007

References tab / Table of Contents group / Update Table / Update Table of
Contents window should launch - in here there is an option called:-

Update page numbers only

- then hit OK.

Thanks.

"Larae" wrote:

Previously, you could right click on the TOC, select update field and have
the option of updating the entire TOC or the page numbers only. Now with
Word 2007, I can't seem to find a way to only update the page numbers. Has
anyone run across this or found the solution? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Usually, Word will ask what you want to update. However, if you have added
or deleted heading paragraphs, Word will automatically update the whole TOC.
This behavior was the same in older versions of Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Larae" wrote in message
Previously, you could right click on the TOC, select update field and have
the option of updating the entire TOC or the page numbers only. Now with
Word 2007, I can't seem to find a way to only update the page numbers.
Has
anyone run across this or found the solution? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Twayne[_2_] Twayne[_2_] is offline

Since I don't have a "yes" laying around I wrote it on a piece
of paper and hit it that way. OK?

In ,
trip_to_tokyo typed:

"Larae" wrote:

Previously, you could right click on the TOC, select
update field and have the option of updating the entire
TOC or the page numbers only. Now with Word 2007, I can't
seem to find a way to only update the page numbers. Has
anyone run across this or found the solution? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

:-)

To be fair, though, there is a button for helpful replies, assuming that you
are using the Microsoft web interface.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP